The 96th FUFA Ordinary Assembly that convened at Silver Springs Hotel, Kampala appreciated the diligent servants of the beautiful game.
Like the norm has been over the previous years, the FUFA President Eng. Moses Magogo handled over special plaques and Shs 1,000,000 to the different personalities whose efforts to serve football could not go unnoticed.
Former FUFA President John Baptist Ssemanobe, Katamba Ojuku Eugene (First Chairman FUFA Women football standing committee) and Kabugo Charles Kakunta (former member of Makindye DFA) were recognized.
‘It is a big honour to recognize special different people who worked tirelessly for the game of football in Uganda. Mr John Baptist Ssemanobe, Mr Katamba Ojuku Eugene and Kabugo Charles Kakunta all had their handsome contribution to the game and we are rewarding them in appreciation’ Eng Moses Magogo stated.
Meanwhile, the assembly passed the budget of Shs. 36, 095,753,881 for the next financial year as well as approval of the activity year plan.
The same assembly approved the appointments of standing committees and the FUFA Electoral Committeee.
1-Mr. John Baptist Ssemanobe
- He was a fine left winger who played for Nsambya FC
- Former Uganda Cranes player in the 70s
- His great asset was ball control, dribbling and passing. He was an expert at free-kicks, a firm believer in exposure of natural talent.
- Coached Nsambya SC
- Served as FUFA President from 1989 – 1992
2. Mr. Katamba ‘Ojuku Eugene
- Born 14th June 1952
- External Telecommunication in 1973
- Owned and played for Wandegeya FC, Old Kampala SS in the 1970s
- Formed a football club called Zozo FC within Old Kampala SS.
- Founding Chairman and Member of Uganda Youth Football Association in 2005
- Co-founder of Women football in Uganda.
- First Chairman FUFA Women football Standing Committee, appointed on 1st October 1995.
- Delegate for Kampala in the first elective FUFA Assembly of 14 Delegates in 1994.
- Founder of uplifting Kampala Divisions to District Football status
- Co- founder of Friends Of Football
- Served as a CAF Commissioner
3. Mr. Kabugo Charles Kakunta
- Born 18th August 1950
- Played for Nsambya SC but his last active football match on 24th December 1974 after suffering a nasty injury.
- Served as member of Kampala Zone 9
- Served as Secretary Nsambya SC
- He helped process Denis Onyango’s first football License
- Served as a member of Makindye DFA,
- Co-founder Kansanga Sports club in 1988
- Founder Kansnga Half London in 2002
- Served under the leadership of many FUFA Presidents including Mzee Kezekia Segwanga Musisi (RIP), Sebaana Kizito (RIP), Denis Obua (RIP) and John Baptist Semanobe.
1,404 total views, 2 views today