President Yoweri Museveni has ordered for an immediate closure of all schools and institutions of higher Education for 42 days as one of the ways of containing the surging cases of the second wave of Covid-19.
In his state of the nation address on Sunday, President Museveni said the schools should be closed by 8am effective 7th June, 2021.
“All teachers must vaccinate before reporting back to school after those 42 days,” Museveni noted.
“Public or cultural gatherings except for the sitting of the cabinet, legislature are suspended for 42 days,” he added.
“Public transport from district to district suspended for 42 days from June 10, 2021 and Interdistrict travel banned for 42 days.
Below is the list of the announced measures
1. All schools and institutions of higher learning will close for 42 days from 7th June starting 8am.
2. All teachers to fully be vaccinated before being accepted in schools.
3. Prayers in churches, mosques were suspended for 42 days. Pray from home.
4. Public and cultural gatherings suspended for 42 days except Judiciary, Executive and Legislature meetings.
5. Travel from Category A countries suspended, except for returning Ugandans. India is currently the only country in this category.
6. Agriculture activities to continue unhindered.
7. Non-agricultural activities like malls, supermarkets, construction, to continue with SoPs.
8. Factories, hotels, taxi parks operate under strict SoPs.
9. Weddings allowed 20 people maximum with SoPs. House parties are banned.
10. Burials, vigils should not exceed 20 mourners.
11. Weekly open-air markets, cattle auction markets suspended for 42 days.
12. All public transport between and across districts suspended for 42 days effective June 10th.
13. Inter-district travel stopped for 42 days except within Kampala, Wakiso, Mukono. Exemption are cargo trucks, tourist vehicles, essential & emergency service vehicles.
14. Public transport within the same district is allowed but with SoPs.
15. Cargo trucks were allowed to carry two people.
16. Sports can go on but without spectators.
17. 30% physical presence at the office for 42 days. Appoint a compliance person.
18. Not more than three people in private vehicles including the driver. They also don’t move across districts.
19. Arcades, hardware shops, to operate under SoPs, and close at 7pm. Owners to be held liable for breach. Pharmacies to be exempted.
21. Salons, lodges, garages operate till 7pm. Bars however shouldn’t operate. Drunkards can’t understand SoPs.
22. Curfew stays at 9pm to 5.30am and vigorously enforced.
23. Health emergencies during curfew to be attended to by security.
24. Bodas can carry one passenger at a time and cease operation at 7pm.
48 total views, 1 views today