Police in Masaka is investigating a fire outbreak that gutted Club Ambiance, a popular discotheque in Masaka City leaving property millions of shillings destroyed to ashes.
The fire whose cause was yet to be established started in the wee hours of Friday morning at the famous nightclub located opposite Gapco petrol station on Kampala road in Masaka city.
Videos shared on social media showed Club Ambiance lit up in flames as first responders struggled to put the fire out of action but in vain. The abrupt fire quickly consumed nearly everything in the structure according to eyewitnesses.
The Fire brigade unit of police in Masaka later responded and managed to stop the fire, although lots of property had already been damaged.
Bernard Kagolo, one of the attendants at the night club says that fire destroyed all the sound systems, the lights, wall fittings and floor carpets among other valuables properties.
The management of the club was not readily available for a comment on the incident but police officers on the ground said investigations are underway to establish what really sparked off the early morning blaze.
Club Ambiance is a popular night spot, especially for those that travel to Western Uganda where they stop over to have fun at the club while some others once in a while drive from Kampala just to dance the night away at the discotheque.
Joseph Kiyimba, a popular entertainment entrepreneur and businessman in Masaka City is the proprietor of the club’s parent company; Ambiance Discotheque, and Ambiance Distillers Uganda (Ltd).
114 total views, 2 views today