By Keefa Nuwahereza
Several passengers who were traveling aboard a bus registration number RAD 664D, owned by Trinity Express, a Rwandan company, cheated death after the bus suddenly caught fire on Tuesday afternoon.
The shocking incident happened a few moments after the driver had parked the bus along the roadside in Buwama township, near Buwama Checkpoint, in Mpigi district, following a technical fault he had detected.
Eyewitnesses reveal that fortunately all the passengers survived but they lost their property to the fire, most which included merchandise they were bringing into Uganda from Kigali, Video footage of the incident shows large flames at the rear of the bus, sending plumes of black smoke into the sky.
Traffic Police detectives suspect the fire started in the engine compartment before spreading to the rest bus.
However, the police are still conducting investigations to establish what could have sparked off the fire, which nearly over 60 passengers who were on board.
Trinity Express is a Rwanda based company on the international Kigali-Kampala route.
It has been growing rapidly over the past few years and this is the first time one of their buses is bursting into flames.
767 total views, 1 views today